The wearing of school uniform is a condition of admission for the following reasons.
· It helps to foster a sense of belonging to a community.
· It enables the children to identify with and be seen as a member of the school.
· All children are seen as equal, in dress at least, regardless of financial circumstances.
· It ensures both parents and teacher that the child is wearing clothes that are suitable for work in school, thus removing potential problems that changes in fashion could bring about.
· It encourages the child to take pride in his/her appearance and of the school.
Our uniform is supplied by an on-line service and ordered by parents directly from this site and delivered to home or to our school for collection.
Please visit the Smarty Pants site for more details and look for the St. Francis school page.
Hair of shoulder length and longer must be tied up at all times
Hair accessories to be small plain and in the school colours (yellow, brown or black)
No make-up or nail varnish
No hair dye or highlights
Metal stud earrings only
However, please ensure that ears are pierced at a time when this will not affect the child’s PE., i.e. during the summer holiday.
The child must be able to remove and replace earrings on their own.
Brown pinafore dress or skirt
Brown cardigan or jumper
Yellow and white checked dress (in summer)
Shoes (boys and girls)
Brown or black shoes
Sandals (for summer) closed toe
No flashing lights or gimmicky shoes (i.e. toys in sole of shoe)
No trainers to be worn for school day
PE Kit (indoor)
House colour t.shirts
Outdoor PE Kit
Tracksuit or long sleeved top and jogging bottoms (optional)
One sensible size sports bag- due to space in cloakroom
Please Note : This kit is separate to the indoor PE kit, there are no colour (although plain and dark in colour is preferred) and worn with the house t.shirt.