COVID -19 Advice and Guidance
We have put in various restrictions and changes in the school since fully re-opening on 1st September. To support this we ask that parents are alert to the symptoms of Covid-19 and do not send their child into school if unwell.
Please maintain good hand washing routines and maintain social distancing when approaching and in the school grounds. Please abide by the staggered start and finish times and one-way system.
Advice from the Government and NHS is constantly changing in relation to how we respond to Covid-19 (coronavirus.)
Our school staff can only advise you on how to seek more information from a healthcare professional. If your child is unwell, please do not send them into school if they have any of the main symptoms of Covid-19 (see below).
Please call the school to tell us what the situation is in your household - if any of your household have any of the symptoms or if anyone has tested positive we do need to know.
Please DO NOT come to the school or school office.
Please DO NOT send your ill child or siblings into school until you have spoken to the school office.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.We will need to see the outcome of your coronavirus test before your child can return to school.